Sunday, May 31, 2009

Question From Reader

I received a comment the other day from a new reader that had a question about local areas to swim:



"I am new to the Salem Area and i am deperately trying to find a place for kids to splash and play in the water. we've been to silver falls park and that was alot of fun and i know the few spray pads will be open in june, but is there somewhere along the river bank where it is safe to let my kid splash and put her feet in the water on a hot summer day? I know the YMCA has a pool but we're not members yet and a visit to the pool would cost us $ 15 which i think is outrageous. I can't wait for the kroc center to open! Any suggestions would be very appreciated!"

This is a great question. I've heard good things about Silverton Reservoir, but other than that, the other places that I know of are definitely not clean and family ok.



We have yet to really venture out to do swimming with Bug. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous May 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

I recommend Burkland pool in Turner. My kids love it.

Salem Man May 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

There are places around Wallace Marine park that are ok to splash around in but the Willamette is a very dangerous river. Unless your kids know how to swim really well they should wear life vests. My wife brought our kids to Spinnaker lake once, also a life vest situation. What about the fountains in front of the capitol?

Melina Tomson, MS June 14, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

We head out to the Santiam River. There is a park (north Santiam, I think) there right before Mill City. The Santiam has super clean water...and a little chilly so it's great for those insanely hot days in July.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP